The Samsung Groups is a South Korean multinational conglomerate corporation headquartered in Samsung Town, Seoul, South Korea. It comprises numerous international affiliated businesses, most of them united under the Samsung brand. Here are some interesting facts about Samsung :-
1. In 1938, Lee Byung-chull founded Samsung Sanghoe ,a small trading company with forty employees located in Su-dong. It dealt in groceries produced in and around the city and produced noodles itself. It is in the late 1960's that Samsung Group entered into the electronics industry.
3. Samsung Electronics overtook Sony as one of the world's most popular consumer electronics brands in 2004 and 2005, and is now ranked #19 in the world overall. In Quarter 3 of 2011, Samsung has overtaken Apple to become the World's Largest Smartphone maker.
Samsung Mobile phone
5. Samsung Mobile's first ever offering was a car phone it introduced in 1986. Because of poor reception and sales, manufacturing was halted. From this point until the early 1990s, Samsung Mobile would introduce mobile phone models, but sales were low because demand was low.
6. Samsung Group produces around one fifth of South Korea's total exports and its revenues are larger than many countries.
7. The company has a powerful influence on South Korea's economic development, politics, media and culture, and has been a major driving force behind the "Miracle on the Han River".
8. Notable Samsung Group industrial subsidiaries include Samsung Electronics,Samsung Heavy Industries, and Samsung Engineering and Samsung C&T.
9. Compared to other major Korean companies, Samsung survived the 1997 Asian financial crisis relatively unharmed.
11. In 1995, it built its first liquid-crystal display screen. Ten years later, Samsung grew to be the world's largest manufacturer of liquid-crystal display panels.
12. Samsung has also been listed among the top 10 most trusted brands in India by The Brand Trust Report-India Study.
13.Samsung Heavy Industries will be the sole provider of liquefied natural gas (LNG) storage facilities worth up to US$50 billion to Royal Dutch Shell for the next 15 years.
14. Samsung is hoping their role in the London 2012 Olympic Games will provide a "golden moment" for the company's UK reputation.
15. According to 2010 data, Samsung has around 344,000 employees.
Liked It, Then Share It !!!
Rate this :